Wednesday, July 1

13 Signs a Girl Knows It's Summer!

We can almost set our clocks by our yearly beauty trends and routines, and no time of year requires more work than summer!! The sun shines brightly, temperatures rise and we can't hide our wintery skin away anymore. We love summer, we love wearing summer dresses, flowery skirts and flimsy shorts but my my does a lot of effort go on behind the scenes...

Here's a light-hearted look at how a girl knows it's summer!

1. Suddenly at least 2 hours of your week is devoted to hair removal

Click here for - Ultimate shaving routinefor irritated legs - no more red bumps!
 2. Volumising sprays are replaced with argan oil and frizz serum 

3. There's a constant, faint scent of fake tan hanging in the air, the one which no brand can every quite disguise...
4. You're plum lipsticks have disappeared and 12 different shades of coral and orange have taken over

From 'Bring Summer to your stylewith this MUA Coral Combo - Lips and Nails'
5. You're stocking up on more and more oil blotting sheets!

6. There's no sugar or olive oil in the house, because you make 2 or 3 DIY body scrubs a week.

7. It's not good enough to have painted toenails, the heels must be soft, the cuticles must be tidy and you don't care if you're sweating and panting, you want this hard skin GONE!!

My most popular post; Makeover your feet; thethickest, hardest skin - begone!
8. You turn your back on conventional makeup and embrace the minimal 'cream blush, lip balm, no eyeliner and one eyeshadow' look. . . . For about a week 

9. Your manicure is decorated with all the colours of a seaside ice-cream parlour!

From 'Ice-cream, pastel polka dotnails!!'
10. You don't care if your handbag's heavy, sweat is the enemy and you're going nowhere without wet wipes and deodorant and oil blotting sheets and mascara and some hair clips just in case.

11. Speaking of handbags, yours is full with plasters (band aids) and spare pair of shoes

12. Before leaving the house, you put on a straw hat, then change your mind, then put it back on, then change your mind again -- at least once a week.

13. And finally . . . . you're always shopping because, dammit, you have nothing to wear in this weather!!!

How can you tell it's summer? Have I missed anything?
I hope this made you smile, if it did give it a share or retweet.

 I wonder if there's an equivalent list for boys??? hmmm....

Ciao for now
Bobbyanne
xxxx

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I wouldn't know where to start!! I don't think they put in as much effort as us :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Great girls summer list! It would be interesting to see a boys version!

    For your information every Monday through to Wednesday I host a beauty related link up called Monday Makeup Madness on my blog. You are more than welcome to join in and link up a post each week if you wish. The link to my blog is http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ach, I've missed it already, but I'll definitely come by next week! :) xx

      Delete
    2. So glad you joined in this week! :) I love this post!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, this list is so true and I bet the list for the guys would not be as extensive...maybe just shower ;) especially since the beard trend is so popular right now!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Absolutley, what a lazy bunch they are :D I wouldn't know where to start, maybe "1. Your girlfriend has a constant scent of fake tan hanging around." Hmmm. . .
      :) xx

      Delete
  4. This list is great! And oh so very true! I think I have experienced all of these :) Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, what a lovely comment, great to read! :) come again, see you next week xx

      Delete
  5. Hahah love this! I can't definitely relate to all of these! Especially #13, what happened to all my cute short sleeved/sleeveless tops from last year?? Oh well.. guess I'll just go shopping ;)

    www.leximichelleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes!! I open my wardrobe and think, "what DID I wear last year, I have nothing!" how does autumn and winter suddenly wipeout all our summer outfits???
      xxxx
      Bobbyanne

      Delete
  6. Lol, what a fun post! Hanging out for summer, its still freezing here in Sydney! Nice to meet you via Ingrid's linky party :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! I'm afraid you'll get no sympathy from us Brits, your winters are probably better than our summers! :D
      We've had a washout for August!
      Bobbyanne
      xxxx

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with a question or your own top tip!