Sunday, May 10

The Season of Colour on Instagram #4

They call Spring the season of colour and this week's instagram post embraces that! The last week or so we've been indulging in all things summery; fruity desserts, gardening and pastel nail art. These are my favourite colourful shots from the last couple of weeks on my Instagram feed @PromisingYellow.

After a day of gardening, the sun went down and that pesky April breeze made itself felt - so 2 hot chocolates were in order, white hot chocolate for him and Chilli hot chocolate for me, both Whittards. I bought these mugs around 5 years ago from the co-op shop and I'm still in love with them.

Summer pastel nails! Pastel polishes always look gorgeous lined up on the shelf but I'm constantly trying to find a way to wear them that doesn't make my pale pale skin look drab. This was it. I am in love with these nails! Check them out in this post.


Aah yes, the Breakfast Power Milkshake! Made using frozen banana, oat flour and cocoa powder; this milkshake is so think and cooling and sweet but also totally healthy. It's like having a McDonalds milkshake for breakfast (almost!) And the colours in this photograph are pure spring!


Forget-me-nots are bursting into life in our flower beds, last weekend we had a full day of sunshine and blue blue skies- only 1 cloud provided a brief fuzzy filter all day. It was so wonderful to spend the whole day outside in the garden. I can't stress enough what a difference it makes to have a day of wonderful weather. This is what it would be like to be a little ladybird looking up at the April sunshine!

Who can resist sweeties? Not I! Some British classics here - a dark chocolate digestive biscuit and 2 chocolate limes; boiled sweets with chocolate running through the middle. I think every British childhood included these and they always take me back. I enjoyed these little treats as I relaxed with YouTube; Essie Button haul and a vlog from Alfie on Pointlessblogtv.


We all love our cookbooks right? From the modern to the old, gorgeous! The top one was published in the 1960s and is a proper housewife book. It has everything - from making sandwiches for company to "jugging a hare in its own blood" - I don't think that'll ever be happening in my kitchen!


The colours I chose for the manicure above with a flowery spring scarf as background.


About a week ago I was excited to open my Etsy shop!! I've always been fascinated by woodburning ever since I was a little girl watching an old lady do it in a Welsh market (Woodburning/Pyrography; how childhood wonder leads to new passions). These are on sale for couples, mothers and daughters - anyone really!


The fluffy blanket, the yellow bottle - I love everything about this shot! From the Ultimate shaving routine for irritated legs - no more red bumps!
 
This was my last Easter Egg - yes, all the chocolate eggs have been eaten now and so April is officially over. Let's hope May brings prosperity, love and good luck for us all!

Check out the rest of my Instagram feed here @PromisingYellow and my other Instagram blog posts;

Ciao for now
Bobbyanne
xxxx

Have a glance in my Etsy shop too!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on opening your etsy shop! :)

    I like your manicure too - lovely colours and design! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and thanks! Check out the tutorial and give it a go, it cheers up your fingers! :-)
      xx Bobbyanne

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with a question or your own top tip!